Please visit our ASC page for more info.
Please join us next week for our “Egyptian Oasis” themed Book Fair, 12/9-13 from 7:45 am to 2:17 pm! Our Scholastic Book Fair encourages kids to read every day so they can lead better lives. Our MPR will be open all week filled with children’s literature.
We need parent volunteers to help work the fair. Truly one of the most rewarding volunteer positions of the school year. Watching the kids get excited about reading and books is so enjoyable! The kids walk through during their library time that week so that may be a time you want to help out. You can volunteer and do some holiday shopping at the same time!
You can also support the Fair by purchasing books. Kids get to fill out a wish list so look for one in your child’s backpack! Teachers also create wish lists for their classrooms, so help create your classes library!
So many ways to help, hope to see you there!
THANK YOU…Tricia Engel and Jill Wink for an incredible Character Counts Educational Week in November! Our Educational Week was designed to teach your child the qualities needed to have good character. Based on The Six Pillars of Character activities were provided both in and outside of the classroom. We appreciate ALL of your hard work, time and creativity!
Auditions for the annual El Morro Talent Show take place on January 9th, 2014, right after school in the MPR. The talent show is open to all third, fourth, and fifth-graders who audition prepared acts. We encourage everyone to try out!
Talent Show 2014 – Wednesday January 29th – LBHS Artist’s Theatre
Talent Show Guidelines
- All 3rd, 4th and 5th graders are welcome to audition!
- No lip-synching (karaoke available at itunes or www.musicalcreations.com) Please bring edited music on a cd, we will return
- You may audition for one act (5th graders may also be announcers)
- Group Acts should be 2 minutes or less/ solo’s 1 minute 30 seconds (magic acts, poem reading, special talents?)
- Act must be G-rated. Songs reserved on a first come first serve basis so turn your forms in early
- Sign up forms will go home in backpacks in December and must be turned in to office by December13th
- There will be required rehearsals. Your act may be asked to attend all or some, depending on how well prepared. Both dress rehearsals are mandatory on Jan 27th & 28th, 2014.
Please email Talent Show Chairs with any questions: Jill Lockhart email@example.com
*We will review acts to ensure content, music, lyrics and costumes are age appropriate.
Thank you Chairs: Jill Lockhart, Nessa Kavanagh, Jen Halvorson & Frana Sadler
Thank you for supporting El Morro PTA!
Join PTA Now
DONATE to El Morro PTA
Volunteer! Pick your eventEl Morro PTA knows that one of the universal concerns for new parent volunteers is time commitment and if it will be too much. That’s why we’ve built in flexible and easy sign up schedules for almost every event hosted at El Morro. Volunteering has never been easier! You can sign up for whatever works best for you. We know that people have different styles and abilities and we at El Morro PTA appreciate everyone’s help. We’re so glad you’re here!
CLICK HERE to view a list of volunteer opportunities!