Do you ever think you are a PHOTOGRAPHER? Do you like to make MOVIES? Do you like to DANCE? Do you like to Write SONGS or STORIES? If you like to create ART then be part of the “REFLECTIONS” Art Contest
The theme this year "I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD BY...”
The deadline for entries is October 22nd!
For more information contact
Liliana Jones: Reflections@elmorropta.org
Reflections is open to all Laguna Beach USD students. Entries must be the work of one student, show a connection to the theme and include an entry form, title and artist statement. Entries due by Friday, October 22nd by 2pm.
– Entry form (English and Spanish)
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film Production
- Visual Arts
- Music Composition
- Dance Choreography
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs (like ours), where they are first recognized, celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions, while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. We then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the California State PTA Convention
- Prizes including an Award of Excellence medal, certificate and a $100 savings bond presented on stage at convention
- An expense-paid trip for the award-winning student and one parent/guardian to convention.
National-level Award of Excellence honorees are recognized at the National PTA Convention, plus their artworks are featured in Reflections’ popular traveling national exhibit.
PTA’s national Reflections Art Program has brought the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art